Baxby Manor, Bell Lane, Husthwaite, York, North Yorkshire, YO61 4PW
Direction from our nearest depot
Get a Quote
The Hideaway is a small, relaxed and friendly campsite in the heart of North Yorkshire, that offers you chilled out camping and glamping that's in-tune with nature and doesn't cost the Earth. There are just 40 pitches in a 6 acre field,which nestles in the midst of our 110 acre farm, surrounded by trees and bounded on one side by a stream. It is off the beaten track, but only a stroll from the village of Husthwaite.
The Hideaway@Baxby is a special, peaceful and restful place where you can spend precious days away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. A haven for walkers and cyclists, and a perfect base for exploring the many historic, cultural and outdoor attractions of this lovely part of Yorkshire. We are about camping, campfires, the countryside and getting away from it all.
There is plenty of open space and a luxurious, heated log amenity building where the showers are as warm as the welcome. In keeping with the campfire theme, hot water is heated using a wood-fired boiler (well…a state-of-the-art wood pellet Biomass boiler actually!) and there is a heat recovery system to add to our ‘eco’ credentials.
In Reception we have a small shop (please note it is only a small shop stocking the essentials, it is not a Tesco Express!). We stock essentials such as;
Husthwaite Village grown and produced Cider and Apple Juice, Baxby Free Range Eggs, Logs, Firelighters, Matches, Wine, Bottled Beers, Gin and Tonic in a can, Cereals, Teabags, Tin Foil, Ketchup, Milk, Soft Drinks, Marshmallows, Sweets, Toys and Games for the kids, Toiletries, and tent pegs! (To name but a few).
- Sheltered, level and spacious grass pitches
- Designated Parking Areas, (See the Campsite map HERE for details), making The Hideaway even more tranquil and safer for everyone.
- Modern luxurious heated toilet and shower block with privacy cubicles, free showers (no coins or tokens required here!), and disabled toilet and shower
- Drying room for wet boots and outdoor clothes
- Baby changing
- Chemical toilet disposal
- Indoor heated Pot-wash and food preparation room including communal fridge and freezer, (do bear in mind that these do become rather full during busy periods and any warm (ha!) weather.
- Fire pits on all pitches – we supply fire wood at £6 a bag, but you can bring your own just PLEASE do not forage for wood on and around the site! Landowner will issue fines and we wouldn’t be much of a Hideaway if everyone did it!
- Book swap (Accountants not allowed to use this facility….NO BOOKKEEPERS!) ????
- Large multi-use games and recreation area with exercise park, children’s play equipment and tennis court 5 minute walk from campsite
- Mobile Bakery! Freshly baked bread and bread buns available from 1145am until 1230pm at the village green every Saturday!
- Delicious home baked food and fantastic whole ground coffee all served from Liza Jane- a beautiful vintage caravan. Please see FOOD@The Hideaway page, or click HERE.
- Access is by narrow farm lane with passing places.